The Smart Option Student Loan® by Sallie Mae® is the perfect solution to help bridge the gap between federal loans and the cost of your education expenses.
The Smart Option Student Loan Features and Benefits
- Applying with a creditworthy cosigner may help you qualify and/or receive a lower rate
- Borrower benefits available – like rewards and interest rate reductions
- Borrow up to 100% of school certified education costs (minimum $1,000)
- Competitive Interest Rates
- Fast Online Application. The application takes about 20 minutes. It's quick and easy.
- Multiple in-school repayment options available
- No prepayment penalty
- Rates that reward creditworthy borrowers
- 24/7 online account management.
Sallie Mae's 1-2-3 Approach to Paying for College
With Sallie Mae’s 1-2-3 Approach to paying for college, students and families will secure the most affordable education funds first and minimize education loan debt upon graduation. Apply for a Loan
Step 1: Use Free Money First. Students should fill out the FAFSA to access need-based grants and research and apply for scholarships. Students should consider supplementing grants and scholarships with current income and college savings.
Step 2: Explore Federal Loans. Available to both students and parents regardless of need, federal loans offer low, fixed interest rates and flexible repayment options.
Step 3: Fill any Gap with Private Student Loans. After students have pursued free money and federal loans, private student loans may be available to cover the rest of their education costs.