First Front Door Program
Applications are now being accepted for the 2017 First Front Door program, which will begin on March 15, 2017.
Buying your first home? Want to get up to $5,000 in cash for down payment and closing costs? PFCU offers a first-time homebuyer grant program funded by FHLBank of Pittsburgh.
Through the First Front Door (FFD) Program, qualified homebuyers can receive a 3-to-1 matching contribution. For every $1 you contribute, you can receive $3 in grant assistance, up to a maximum of $5,000.
Who Qualifies for First Front Door?
To qualify for the First Front Door program, you must:
- Be a first-time homebuyer obtaining a conventional mortgage (which means you haven't owned a home within the past three years, or you owned a home only while married but not as a single person within the last three years. This includes a married couple if either has not owned a home in the past three years)
- Contribute to the down payment and closing costs
- Have a household income 80 percent or lower compared to the area median income determined by HUD
- Not be a student working less than 30 hours per week
- Complete at least four hours of home ownership counseling through a HUD approved counselor, including a discussion on predatory lending
- Own the home for at least five years after the grant. If you sell before the end of the five years, a portion of the grant may require repayment.
Benefits of First Front Door Program
By receiving a First Front Door grant as a first-time homebuyer, you will receive:
- Enhanced first-time homebuyer products
- More competitive local housing market
- CRA Credit
- Stronger banking relationship
How does First Front Door Work?
Homebuyers must complete a 6-step process to receive a FFD grant:
- Meet with your local PFCU Mortgage Representative to discuss eligibility
- Representative and homebuyer collect financial information and submit FFD registration request
- FHLBank will process and approve the request within 10 days
- Prospective homebuyer will buy their home within six months, after attending counseling
- First mortgage and eligible grant amount is provided to the homebuyer
Visit FirstFrontDoor or FHLBank to learn more about the grant and eligibility.
Applying for First Front Door
Contact a PFCU Mortgage Representative at 215-934-3505.