Community College of Philadelphia Scholarship Program
Northeast Regional Center Students
Philadelphia Federal Credit Union offers one scholarship to a Community College of Philadelphia Northeast Regional Center student who is a member of the Philadelphia Federal Credit Union. Applicants must be pursuing an associate’s degree at the College and have demonstrated academic achievement, and have overcome barriers along the way.
The Philadelphia Federal Credit Union Scholarship will provide one scholarship of up to $400 disbursed during each fall semester, with the explicit understanding that the recipient be enrolled in at least one course at the Northeast Regional Center. The scholarship will be applied directly to the recipient’s tuition account.
The applicant must
- Be a current Community College of Philadelphia student who has completed 24 or more credits at the College at the time of application.
- Be enrolled full-time or part-time (minimum of 6credits/semester) in any of the College’s associate degree programs.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade-point average of 3.0.
- Be enrolled in at least one course at the Northeast Regional Center.
- Be a member of the Philadelphia Federal Credit Union. Membership will be verified upon selection of recipient.
- Submit a copy of his/her most recent (unofficial) College transcript.
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a Community College of Philadelphia faculty in his/her program of study. The letter must be written on College letterhead and signed by the faculty member.
- Appear in person at a predetermined branch to receive documentation and take part in a photo
Employees of the Philadelphia Federal Credit Union, directors, volunteers and their immediate families are ineligible to participate.
Judging is based on subjective criteria including essay, weighted objective criteria, academic performance, extracurricular and community activities, references and personal goals. Those selected must appear in person to receive their scholarships and take part in a photo. If any winner fails to attend at their predetermined meeting time, another winner will be selected in his or her place.