The Smart Option Student Loan® by Sallie Mae® is the perfect solution to help bridge the gap between federal loans and the cost of your education expenses.
The Smart Option Student Loan Features and Benefits
- Applying with a creditworthy cosigner may help you qualify and/or receive a lower rate
- Borrower benefits available – like rewards and interest rate reductions
- Borrow up to 100% of school certified education costs (minimum $1,000)
- Competitive Interest Rates
- Fast Online Application. The application takes about 20 minutes. It's quick and easy.
- Multiple in-school repayment options available
- No prepayment penalty
- Rates that reward creditworthy borrowers
- 24/7 online account management.
Apply Online Today - 20 minutes is all you should need.
Sallie Mae’s 1-2-3 Approach to Paying for College
With Sallie Mae’s 1-2-3 Approach to paying for college, students and families will secure the most affordable education funds first and minimize education loan debt upon graduation.
Step 1: Use Free Money First. Students should fill out the FAFSA to access need-based grants and research and apply for scholarships. Students should consider supplementing grants and scholarships with current income and college savings.
Step 2: Explore Federal Loans. Available to both students and parents regardless of need, federal loans offer low, fixed interest rates and flexible repayment options.
Step 3: Fill any Gap with Private Student Loans. After students have pursued free money and federal loans, private student loans may be available to cover the rest of their education costs.
To learn more or to apply, please get started here.
Feedback from our members helps us to continually grow as an organization and serve you better. So please take a few minutes and let us know how you feel about our service, products and institution.
We value your opinion and would love to hear from you.
Not a member of PFCU? Sign up now!