HOME AFFORDABLE REFINANCE PROGRAM (HARP 2.0)
Now available at PFCU
If you’re a homeowner who owes more than the value of your home, the Home Affordable Refinance Program may be able to help you refinance into a fixed-rate with a shorter term so you can pay down your balance faster.
HARP provides homeowners with loans guaranteed by Fannie Mae an opportunity to refinance into more affordable monthly payments. The HARP 2.0 program enhancement removes the maximum loan-to-value cap, allowing even those homeowners extremely underwater to lower their mortgage payment.
PFCU is able to assist you with your Fannie Mae mortgage refinance under HARP. You can determine if Fannie Mae owns your home by visiting www.fanniemae.com/loanlookup or calling 800-7-Fannie (We currently are not refinancing Freddie Mac-owned loans).
Benefits of the program include:
- Refinance your first mortgage even if you owe more than the value
- No maximum loan-to-value (LTV) requirement
- Rock-bottom rates with flexible credit requirements
- Streamlined processing
- Online HARP site for application processing
- Refinancing is quick and easy
The following criteria must be met to qualify:
You must live in the home being refinanced
- HARP 2.0 refinance only applies to Fannie Mae mortgages
- Homeowner must be able to afford the new lower payment
- Current mortgage must be up-to-date with no late payments in the past 12 months
- Payments on the new loan must be more affordable or more stable than on the existing loan
- The maximum LTV cap has been removed on homeowners looking to refinance into a fixed-rate mortgage
- For homeowners looking to refinance into an adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM), the maximum LTV is 105%
- Your current mortgage must have a securitization date prior to June 1, 2009
Get more information or view a list of Frequently Asked Questions.
Ready to get started? Contact our Mortgage Specialists at 215-934-3505 to see if you qualify.