Online Shopping Safety
Here are a few tips while shopping online:
- Do your research. Select a reputable online company.
- Use common sense. If you feel uneasy about the online transaction, don’t do it.
- Get as much information about the seller and the merchandise as possible when buying online. If a picture isn't available, ask the seller to send one via e-mail or postal service. Ask for the seller's address and phone number in case you need to contact him/her at a later date.
- Select a payment option that you feel most comfortable with. Many online auction houses have payment protection programs. Do your research before making a decision.
- Familiarize yourself with the online auction site's security, privacy and online buying and selling policies.