Online Shopping Safety
Protecting your money and identity when buying and selling online
Buying and selling online has become very popular. As with any sales transaction, you should exercise caution when transacting business online.
- Do your research. Select a reputable online company.
- Use common sense. If you feel uneasy about the online transaction, don’t do it.
- Get as much information about the seller and the merchandise as possible when buying online. If a picture isn't available, ask the seller to send one via e-mail or postal service. Ask for the seller's address and phone number in case you need to contact him/her at a later date.
- Select a payment option that you feel most comfortable with. Many online auction houses have payment protection programs. Do your research before making a decision.
- Familiarize yourself with the online auction site's security, privacy and online buying and selling policies.