Quicken for Mac Conversion Instructions
Quicken for Mac 2005 - 2007 Web Connect to Web Connect
As Philadelphia Federal Credit Union completes its system conversion to Intuit Financial Services, you will need to modify your Quicken settings to ensure the smooth transition of your data. You will need your User ID and Password for the Philadelphia Federal Credit Union and Teller Net websites.
It is important that you perform the following instructions exactly as described and in the order presented. If you do not, your service may stop functioning properly. This conversion should take 15–30 minutes.
This update is time sensitive and can be completed on or after November 6th.
- Backup your data file. For instructions to back up your data file, choose Help menu - Search. Search for and select “Backing Up Your Data” and follow the instructions.
- Download the latest Quicken update. For instructions to download an update, choose Help menu - Search. Search for and select “Checking for updates to Quicken” and follow the instructions.
Connect to Philadelphia Federal Credit Union
- Choose Online menu - Download Transactions…
- Select your account from the drop-down list..
- Click Download to access Philadelphia Federal Credit Union website at www.pfcu.com.
- Enter your User ID and Password to login to the Philadelphia Federal Credit Union online banking system. Download your transactions through November 6 into Quicken.
- Repeat the download process for each account you have at Philadelphia Federal Credit Union (such as checking, savings, credit cards and brokerage).
- Once all accounts have been downloaded, accept all transactions into your Quicken account registers.
Deactivate Your Account(s) At Philadelphia Federal Credit Union
- Choose Lists menu - Accounts.
- Select the account that you want to disable and click Edit.
- In the Download Transactions drop-down list, select Not Enabled. Follow the prompts to confirm the deactivation.
- Delete the information within the Account Number and Routing Number fields.
- Click OK to save your edits.
- Repeat steps 2 – 6 for each account at Philadelphia Federal Credit Union.
- Verify that your account list does not display a blue online circle icon for any accounts at Philadelphia Federal Credit Union.
Re-activate Your Account(s) At Philadelphia Federal Credit Union
- Log in to Philadelphia Federal Credit Union web site at www.pfcu.com.
- Download your transactions to Quicken.
- Click the Use an existing account radio button.
- Select the corresponding existing Quicken account in the drop-down list and click OK.
- Repeat steps 2 – 4 for all of your accounts.
- Choose Lists menu - Accounts. Verify that each account at Philadelphia Federal Credit Union has a blue online circle indicating that it has been reactivated for online services.
Thank you for making these important changes!