Checks & Cards
Time to reorder checks? Reorder them online.
ATM / Check Cards
A Philadelphia Federal Credit Union ATM Card gives you 24-hour access and complete control of your accounts. You can make withdrawals, transfer funds and request balances from your checking, regular savings, or credit line accounts.
Our ATM cards are accepted almost anywhere - just look for ATMs with the CO-OP, CU$, PLUS, VISA, Interlink, American Express, Discover, Cirrus, or Maestro logos and your PFCU accounts will be at your fingertips.
The Plus, VISA, and Interlink ATM networks service the world! With more than 840,000 ATMs in over 150 countries - over 364,000 in the U.S. alone - you can access cash wherever and whenever you need it. You may also enjoy the following benefits:
- CO-OP Network: Enjoy surcharge-free access to CO-OP Network ATMs at 25,000 credit unions, convenience stores, airports, supermarkets, malls and many other retail locations around the country, including 7-Eleven Stores®. Click here to find locations in your area.
- CU$ Surcharge Free Network: PFCU and other credit unions across the state of Pennsylvania have created a surcharge-free ATM network where members of participating credit unions can access ATM's without a surcharge. Just look for the CU$ logo on ATMs and your withdrawals are surcharge free. Remember, ATMs within the Surcharge Free network must also display the PLUS logo for the transaction to be processed.
- Select-A-Branch Network: PFCU is a part of the Select-A-Branch ATM Network, giving you access to over 150 Surcharge-Free ATMs, including those in the Philadelphia Airport, PA Convention Center, Reading Terminal, Curtis Center and along the Pennsylvania Turnpike. Click Here for a complete listing of Select-A-Branch locations.
- Universal Money Center: PFCU recently partnered with this network to provide more access to over 150 surcharge-free ATMs at Kmart® Stores in several states with 46 locations in Pennsylvania.
- VISA/PLUS ATM Locator: Wherever you are headed, you're guaranteed to find a VISA or PLUS ATM. Or you can plan ahead and use the VISA/PLUS ATM locator to map out the closest ATM to your target destination or call 1-800-THE-PLUS at anytime for assistance.
- PLUS Shared Deposit Network: There are thousands of locations all over the United States that you may use to make an ATM deposit using your PFCU ATM or PFCU Check Card. You may make an ATM deposit at any financial institution within the United States that participates in the Plus Shared Deposit Program. You can search for Plus Shared Deposit locations by clicking on the VISA/PLUS ATM locator and selecting "Accepts Plus Shared Deposits".
- Interlink Merchant Locator: Do you frequently us your PFCU ATM or PFCU Check Card while shopping? If you do, then you can use the Interlink Locator in advance to search for additional locations that will accept your card.
PFCU Check Card
It looks like a VISA® card but works like an ATM card! If you want the convenience of using a VISA® card, then the PFCU Check Card is for you. Use the card wherever VISA is accepted to make purchases with funds from your PFCU Checking Account, and also cash withdrawals from an ATM card.
When you use your PFCU Check Card at the point of sale, you may be asked “Debit or Credit?” Selecting “debit” requires you to enter your PIN as you would at the ATM, and the money is debited from your checking account immediately. Selecting “credit” generally requires you to sign a receipt and the funds are immediately deducted from your available balance.
Please note that PFCU limits your PIN-based transactions to 10 free per month at non-PFCU terminals. Also, remember that transactions at PFCU-owned ATMS are unlimited, which provides extra convenience when you are strapped for cash.
|Open to: ||All PFCU members 18 years of age or older with a PFCU Checking Account who meet our account verification network requirements.* |
|Key Features: || |
- Accepted anywhere the VISA logo is displayed
- As convenient as using checks, but without the fuss
- Overdraft protection available through our PFCU Credit Line
- 24 hr. access to share and credit line accounts
- Zero Liability Policy ensures you are completely protected against unauthorized use of your card.
|Costs and Charges: || |
- No annual fee
- $5.00 replacement fee for cards ($15 for third lost card in two years)
- $10 annual fee for duplicate cards
* Must be 13 or older to be eligible to apply for CU Succeed Checking Account and Check Card. If you are under 18, you must have an adult joint owner. Must be age 16 or older to be eligible to apply for a Personal Loan or Car Loan. If you are under 18, you must have a co-applicant.
Worry Free Shopping
With VISA's Zero Liability Policy you are completely protected against unauthorized use of your card.
Verified by VISA
Take the VISA card you already use, add a password to confirm your identity, and you've got Verified by VISA. It's the new service that helps ensure that only you can use your VISA card online. Register your cards today!
Planning a Trip Abroad?
Did you know when you travel outside the United States there could be restrictions when using your VISA or ATM card? Cardholders may access an ATM for up to $200.00 per day; however, restrictions can apply to purchases made with your PFCU Check Card or ATM card. Restrictions vary depending on your destination. For example did you know that some ATMs located abroad only allow withdrawals from a checking account? If you only have a PFCU ATM card and a savings account, you will need to open a checking account prior to leaving the country to ensure access to your funds while abroad. There is no need to worry; restrictions may be removed per your request so you may enjoy ALL your VISA/ATM card privileges without interruptions even when traveling abroad.
Instructions To Remove VISA Restrictions When Traveling Abroad
- Send faxed or written request to PFCU including your destination, time frames, along with your signature.
- Faxed requests should be sent at least 24 hours before your departure to PFCU Account Services 215-934-3544.
- Written requests need to be received by PFCU at least 24 hours before your departure date at the following address:
Philadelphia Federal Credit Union
Attention: Account Services
12800 Townsend Road
Philadelphia, PA 19154-1003
Foreign Transaction Disclosure to Cardholders
Purchases and cash advances made in foreign countries and foreign currencies will be billed to you in U.S. dollars.
The conversion rate to dollars will be at (1) the wholesale market rate or (2) the government-mandated rate, whichever is applicable, in effect one day prior to the processing date, increased by one-percent.
Due to recent changes in how foreign fees are disclosed you may notice a foreign item charge posted to your account if you were out of the country. Below is a brief explanation of what this charge is.
Foreign Transaction Fee
A foreign transaction fee is the 1% fee assessed by VISA when a member has a transaction in a foreign country that requires a currency conversion. This fee has always been assessed by VISA; however, until recently it was included in the actual transaction so it was not questioned. Recent regulation changes require that we disclose this fee separately. Members will now see this fee posted as a separate charge.
Travel Preparations and Travel Safety TIPS
Don't get caught unprepared when traveling abroad. Check out VISA's travel preparations and safety tips before your trip at VISA's Tips.
Need to Report a PFCU ATM/Check Card Lost or Stolen?
To report your ATM/Check Card lost or stolen, contact the PFCU Call Center during normal business hours at 215-934-3500 or 800-832-PFCU, and press 0 to speak with a Member Service Representative.
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
After normal business hours, please call Teller Phone at 877-TEL-PFCU to report your card lost or stolen. You will need to have your member number and personal identification number (PIN) available to access Teller Phone. Follow the menu prompts below to block your card:
- Select option #7-Additional Options Menu.
- Select option #6-Card Blocking Menu.
- To block a specific card number press 1.
- To block all cards on this account press 2.
- To go back to the previous menu press #.
Instructions After Calling to Report Card Lost or Stolen
- Stop using any remaining cards that have the same numbers. For example: If joint owner had a card with the same number or if an additional plastic card was requested on your account.
- Destroy the remaining cards immediately by cutting them lengthwise through the magnetic stripe.
- Return any destroyed (cut) cards to the credit union at the following address:
Philadelphia Federal Credit Union
12800 Townsend Road
Philadelphia, PA 19154
Attention: Loss Prevention