According to Pew Research, nearly 60% of all American adults have a smartphone. So why not ensure you’re making the most of your mobile device by using it as a tool to save money? With such a wide-breadth of phone apps available to us today, many of which are free, saving money can be as easy as the tap of a button. We’ve compiled 6 smartphone apps that are geared toward helping you save on the things that matter most. From the tech savvy shopper to the novice smartphone user, these apps are easy to use and certain to cut your costs on everyday purchases.
- ShopSavvy. How often do you make a purchase only to find the item on sale for less somewhere else just days later? With ShopSavvy, you can scan barcodes or search items to compare competitor pricing on products. Users can also set alerts so they never miss a deal again!
- GasBuddy. GasBuddy helps users find the cheapest gas prices in their area. It also encourages people to submit low prices that they see to help other users get cheap gas as well. Not only do you save money, but by submitting prices you earn points towards winning a $100 daily giveaway.
- Grocery iQ. Grocery shopping just got a whole lot easier with Grocery iQ. You can create your shopping list using text, barcode scanning, and even voice search. The app then finds coupons for the items you have compiled on your list.
- Shopkick. Imagine getting rewarded for shopping. With this app, you can earn points (or “kicks”) simply by visiting a store, and you can receive additional points by scanning or purchasing products. These points are redeemable for merchandise or gift cards from big name stores like Target, Macy’s and Best Buy, to name a few!
- SnipSnap. Ideal for extreme couponers, SnipSnap allows you to still receive great deals without having to carry around all those coupons. Simply take a photo of a coupon with the app and it will convert the image into digital coupons on your mobile phone. These can be redeemed right from your screen so you’ll never again have to worry about forgetting your coupons!
- Key Ring. Tired of carrying around all those loyalty cards on your keys? Key Ring is quite literally a digital replacement which allows you to store them all on your phone and enroll in new programs. Users can even use the app to store gym memberships, library cards, gift cards, and more. No longer will you have second thoughts about signing up for loyalty cards, which over time can reap you many money-saving benefits.
All of the apps listed above are completely free and compatible with iOS and Android devices. Start saving money today – it’s just a digital download away!