QuickBooks for Windows Conversion Instructions
QuickBooks for Windows 2010 – 2012 WC to WC
As Philadelphia Federal Credit Union completes its system conversion to Intuit Financial Services, you will need to modify your QuickBooks settings to ensure the smooth transition of your data. To complete these instructions, you will need your customer ID and PIN.
It is important that you perform the following instructions exactly as described and in the order presented. If you do not, your service may stop functioning properly. This conversion should take 15–30 minutes.
This update is time sensitive and can be completed on or after November 6th.
- Backup your data file. For instructions to back up your data file, choose Help menu - QuickBooks Help. Search for Back Up and follow the instructions.
- Download the latest QuickBooks Update. For instructions to download an update, choose Help menu - QuickBooks Help. Search for Update QuickBooks and follow the instructions.
Switch to single user mode. For instructions to switch to single user mode, choose Help menu - QuickBooks Help. Search for Switch to Single User Mode and follow the instructions.
- If multiple computers do not use the same QuickBooks data file, skip step 3
Enable Register Mode. For instructions to enable Register Mode, choose Help menu - QuickBooks Help. Search for Online Banking Modes and follow the instructions.
- Important: All instructions will be written for Register Mode configuration.
Match Downloaded Transactions
- Choose the Banking menu - click Online Banking - click Online Banking Center.
- Click the Financial Institution drop-down arrow and choose Philadelphia Federal Credit Union.
- Go to the Items Received list and click the electronic statement you want to see to select it.
- Click the View button.
- Click the transaction in the electronic statement (at the bottom of the window) that you want to match to a transaction in the register.
- Click the transaction in the register (at the top of the window) to match to.
- Click the Match button.
- Repeat steps 5 – 7 for each transaction.
Deactivate Your Account(s) At Philadelphia Federal Credit Union
- Important: All transactions must be matched or added to the register prior to deactivating your account(s).
- Choose the Lists menu - Chart of Accounts.
- Left click the account you want to deactivate.
- Click Edit on the menu - click Edit Account.
- In the Edit Account window, click on the Online Services tab.
- Select Deactivate All Online Services - click Save & Close.
- Click OK for any messages
- Repeat steps 2 – 6 for each account at Philadelphia Federal Credit Union
Re-activate Your Account(s) At Philadelphia Federal Credit Union
- Important: You will require your Customer ID and Password for Philadelphia Federal Credit Union to complete the following steps.
- Log in to Philadelphia Federal Credit Union web site at www.pfcu.com. Download your transactions into QuickBooks
In QuickBooks, click the Import new transactions now radio button - Click OK.
- Important: To avoid the possibility of creating duplicate records when downloading into QuickBooks, select a “from” date that does not include records previously downloaded.
In the Select Bank Account dialog - click Use an existing QuickBooks account radio button. In the corresponding drop-down list, select your QuickBooks account - click Continue. Confirm the prompt by clicking OK. Repeat steps 1 through 5 for each account that you previously disabled.
- If you previously removed the check from the “Always give me the option of saving to a file...” option, then this dialog will not display.
- Verify that all transactions downloaded successfully into your account registers.
Re-enable Side by Side mode
- If you use the Side by Side mode for online banking, follow the instructions below to enable it. If you use register mode, you are finished with your conversion.
- Enable Side by Side mode. For instructions to enable Side by Side mode, choose Help menu - QuickBooks Help. Search for Online Banking Modes and follow the instructions.
Thank you for making these important changes!